Monday 28 February 2011

Dust Free!

Yo tinterweb massive I've been away for a while but I'm back and raring to write, blog and buy!

Believe it or not I've been in Afghanistan.  Yes I know a random place for someone as cute and stylish as me to be but I was there for ten days helping entertain the troops, boosting morale as they say.  All in a dancer type fashion.  Above board may I add.  A group of fifteen, three dancers, four band members, two comedians and some techies. It's not the first time I have been, well actually it's was the seventh.  I'm a veteran.  I had a great time even though at some points its was hard work.  I mean having hundreds of soldiers cheering for you and getting to drive trucks and see a country not many people get the chance to see, really hard.

Now although the job has its rewards I had spent ten days in easy to wear comfortable clothes that I wouldn't mind getting mud and dust allover, TEN DAYS! Bit to long for someone of my disposition.
A big truck (can't remember the name) with soldiers and us lot on it.

A very engaging crowd.

So After tens days of dust mud and snow I needed a fashion fix but like many people I'm sure this time of year is all a bit confusing.  I'm a little fed up of hats gloves and scarves.  There are fashion weeks and red carpets on every magazine cover and channel.  All I want to do is get my new season on but alas it's still cold, 6c to be precise.  So instead I took an element of the new seasons fashions "70's" and chucked in a little winter warmer and tada ensemble below!  Picture this with a centre parting bone straight hair, 70's style head band (around forehead) leggings and over the knee flat leather boots.
Fur waist coat from a market in Mumbai.  Leather jacket Kate Moss for Topshop.
 My first new season buy.  Love love love this skirt.  High waisted neon pink suede skirt.  You may be able to see it's crushed this is because it went out on the town and had a great time and may it have many more!
Hennes Trends section.
DON'T WASTE THE PRETTY!X

No comments:

Post a Comment